EIfEL - Overview
EIfEL (European Institute for E-Learning) is an independent, not-for-profit European professional association whose mission is to support organisations, communities and individuals in building a knowledge economy and a learning society through innovative and reflective practice, continuing professional development and the use of knowledge, information and learning technologies. EIfEL is leading the Europortfolio consortium and is a founding member of EFQUEL the European Foundation for Quality in E-Learning
European Institute for E-Learning
EIfEL is creating a community, a framework and tools to identify, develop, recognise and validate the competencies of education, learning and human resources development professionals.
The key principles on which its actions are founded are:
- learning is lifelong, life wide, formal and informal
- individuals, organisations and communities learn in close interaction
- knowledge, information and learning technologies have the power to support innovation and transform and unite all forms of learning
Based these principles, EIfEL supports learning technologies designed and used to value the human capital of individuals (e.g. competencies, knowledge and social networks) and the development of the social capital of learning communities and learning organisations.
|Services and Activities
EIfEL provides services to its organisational and individual members to support the design of eStrategies for learning, the implementation of technologies and the development of competencies through a series of activities such as research, pilot programmes, special interest groups, workshops, conferences and consultancy.
EIfEL has set up the Europortfolio consortium to establish a place for ePortfolio leadership in Europe and international cooperation.
Consultancy services are available to members and non-members.
EIfEL welcomes individual and organisational members. Its current membership includes training organisations, regional and local authorities, accrediting bodies, universities, professional bodies, consultancies and private companies.
EIfEL and Europortfolio Members and partners:
- Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale dell'Abruzzo e del Molise "G.Caporale" IZS, an Italian veterinary institute, is a Founding Member of EIfEL.
- SCIENTER is a research centre and service provider organisation, active in the field of education and training.
- UTC Universite de Technologie de Compiegne, a French University is a Founding Member of EIfEL.
- City & Guilds is the UK's leading awarding body
- Elluminate joined EIfEL through providing their web-conferencing tool (elluminate live) and sponsoring the 2006 edition of the International ePortfolio conference
- FING Fondation Internet Nouvelle Génération. Founded by 3 leading Internet associations, including the Internet Society, FING is a collective and open Research and Development project which focuses on tomorrow’s Internet’s uses, applications and services.
- Microsoft is an actor in the European eLearining community through it's educational software. Microsoft has subscribed to the "eStrategies for empowering individuals" initiative.
- NCSL. The National College for School Leadership (NCSL) exists to help to make a difference to the lives and the life chances of children and young people through the development of world-class school leaders.
- Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research
- Nuventive is an ePortfolio software vendor (their tool is called iWebfolio), and has been close to EIfEL since the beginning. They were again Platinum Sponsors of the 2006 edition of the International ePortfolio Conference.
- Région Centre. The ambition of Region Centre is to guarantee to all its citizens the acquisition of fundamental knowledge, essential to their autonomy and their social and professional integration, which is expressed by the construction of a real public service of proximity for the mastering and the acquisition of these basic skills.
- Région Poitou-Charentes. A European Centre of excellence in Quality will be set up in Poitiers with the help of the Region and EIfEL.
- Rennes Métropole. Rennes Métropole is joining EIfEL to put in place an ePortfolio for its community.
- RCN. Royal College of Nursing
- Sheffield City Council .