SIF Association - Outputs
|SIF Implementation Specification
The SIF Implementation Specification is based on the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) endorsed Extensible Markup Language (XML) which is not linked to a specific operating system or platform. XML defines common data formats and rules of interaction and architecture.
- Event Reporting is a Publish/Subscribe Model. Events are published/reported by each application and are received by other applications that have subscribed to them.
- DataProvision is a Request/Response Model. An application agent may register itself to the ZIS (Zone Information Server) as a provider of certain data objects. This allows the ZIS to satisfy a query request from an agent to locate the provider of a data object. The ZIS acts as the intermediary, forwarding the request to the agent, receiving the response, and then forwarding the response back to the original requester.
- Messages are securely encrypted using HTTPS. HTTPS is the most commonly used secure method of exchanging data among web browsers.
- Agents are authenticated by the ZIS before messages are passed.
- Message processing includes message validation and message identification. Guaranteed message delivery.