ADL SCORM Content Aggregation Model - Future works
|Discussions are underway within many standards organizations regarding “next generation” Web-based learning architectures. These discussions are expected to result in implementable specifications.
Listed below are examples of new capabilities that are candidates for topics to be included as SCORM evolves:
- Designing new run-time and content data model architectures
- Incorporating simulation aspects
- Incorporating electronic performance support objects
- Implementing SCORM-based intelligent tutoring capabilities
- Designing a new content model
- Incorporating gaming technologies
|The exact scope and timetable for future versions of SCORM are not yet defined. These topics will be discussed and debated over the next year or more. Visit ADLNet.org for information about ongoing developments.