HR-XML Consortium - Overview
|The HR-XML Consortium is the only independent, non-profit, volunteer-led organization dedicated to the development and promotion of a standard suite of XML specifications to enable e-business and the automation of human resources-related data exchanges.
The HR-XML Consortium is driven by the needs and priorities of its members. Any member can propose that the Consortium undertake a standards activity. Proposals are subject to a review process and must include the names of at least three sponsor organizations as well as satisfy other pre-requisites.
HR-XML Consortium mission statement:
- Lead the development of robust, extensible, global HR interoperability standards enabling easy-to-implement, time- and cost-effective integration of business applications within the HR industry.
- Partner with our membership, the HR industry, and other relevant standards organizations to ensure alignment with business needs, trends in the HR industry, and related technologies.
- Continually enhance our collection of quality standards.
- Maintain a reputation for being the exclusive source of global HR interoperability standards.
- Promote the awareness and adoption of HR interoperability standards.
- Bring together the key stakeholders and top talent necessary for developing meaningful standards.
The HR-XML Consortium produced a library of more than 100 interdependent "XML schemas." XML Schemas define the data elements for particular HR transactions, as well as options and constraints governing the use of those elements. The HR-XML Consortium has produced schemas covering major processes, as well as component schemas, used across multiple business processes.
The HR-XML 3.0 library takes the specialized HR domain knowledge contributed to the HR-XML Consortium over 10 years and puts those contributions within a uniform architecture based on the Open Applications Group Integration Specification (OAGIS). The HR-XML library is the first vertical industry standard to be designed as a plug-in to the Open Applications Group Business Process Integration Platform.
The HR-XML Consortium offers memberships for individuals and organizations. Organizations can be associated as Premier Members, Executive Members and General Members.
Current list of HR-XML member organizations (* denotes a Premier Member):
HR-XML Consortium Web Site
- Accurate Background
- Allshare Personnel BV
- American Staffing Association
- Applicant Insight Limited Inc.
- Assess Systems, a Bigby Havis Company
- Association of Test Publishers
- Bundesanstalt für Arbeit (German Employment Service)
- Carco Group, Inc.
- Centre For Educational Technology Interoperability Standards
- ChoicePoint Inc.*
- Defense Finance and Accounting Service
- Development Dimensions International
- DJM Consulting GmbH / JobStairs
- European Community Telework Forum
- Fieldglass, Inc.
- First Advantage*
- General Information Services, Inc. (GIS)*
- Hewitt Associates*
- HR Plus, A Division of AlliedBarton Security Services
- Kroll Background Screening*
- Kronos Incorporated*
- Lawson Software*
- Le FOREM
- Microsoft Corporation*
- milch & zucker
- Object Management Group
- Open Applications Group, Inc.
- OPENonline, LLC
- PeopleNet Corporation
- PreVisor, the Union of ePredix, Qwiz, and PDRI
- Profiles International, Inc.
- Questionmark Corporation
- Randstad US*
- SHL Group plc*
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Sterling Testing Systems*
- Swedish Armed Forces*
- Swedish National Labour Market Board*
- Synergetics nv
- Talent Technology Corporation
- Ultimate Software
- Universal Background Screening, Inc.
- Verifications. Inc.
- WCC Services b.v.