IMS Enterprise - Current Version
Title: “IMS Enterprise”
Release Date: 1 July 2002
Status: Final Specification
Authors: Colin Smythe, Geoff Collier, Chris Etesse, and Wayne Veres
The electronic version is available at IMS Enterprise Web site.
|It is comprised of three documents:
- IMS Enterprise Information Model. This document describes the data structures that are used to provide interoperability between Internet-based Enterprise systems (HTML)
- IMS Enterprise XML Binding Specification. This document describes how to encode the enterprise objects in XML and provides the corresponding XML schema (HTML)
- IMS Enterprise Best Practices and Implementation Guide. This document provides an overview and describes how the IMS Enterprise Information Model and XML Binding can be applied to specific types of interoperability scenarios (HTML)
|Tracking of Changes
This version is fully backwards compatible with the V1.01 specification. The core amendments for this version are:
- Support for a number of the proprietary extensions used to extend interoperability for the v1.01 release. These extensions cover the <person>, <group> and <membership> data objects;
- Support for multiple <sourcedid> and <userid> structures. Password support has been added to the <userid> structure;
- Provision of enumerated non-numeric vocabularies. V1.0 uses numeric-based vocabularies. Wherever possible the vocabularies are to be extended to reflect common usage;
- 'Internationalization' of the core data objects including: (i) Name structure to support non-English conventions; and (ii) Telephony and electronic contact numbers to be extended.